Why Use Call Analytics?
Collect and measure call data from sales calls for analysis. Use the data to improve customer service, sales, and marketing strategies.
Call analytics helps businesses understand
- How their sales reps interact with their prospects
- How customers interact with their products or services
- Identify coaching opportunities for the sales team members
- Identify marketing content needs
- Track progress over time
In this article, we will review the basics of call analytics and how it can be used to improve your business.
How Does Call Analytics Work?
Call analytics software typically includes features and functionalities such as call recording, call reporting, call tagging, and call scoring:
- Call recording allows managers, and individual sales reps, to listen to phone calls and identify areas for improvement in future calls with prospects
- Sophisticated call reports provide detailed information about each call — the length of the call, the number of transfers, and the result of the call (call disposition)
- Call transcription - a functionality available in some more advanced analytics tools such as Koncert’s Cadence - allows for keyword search that then provides automatic follow-up to be included in a CRM such as Salesforce or Hubspot.
- Call tagging allows managers to categorize calls according to the customer, product, or other criteria.
- Call scoring rates the level of engagement of calls on a scale from 1 to 5. For instance, a call that resulted in a request for a meeting or a demo would score highly. A call that resulted in a disposition of “don’t call back” would rate low. As calls are scored, the more engaged prospects should automatically rise to the top of the queue in the sales reps’ follow-up list.
Call analytics tools can help organizations improve their customer service by generating reports that identify areas of improvement and strategies that work.
For example, if call reports show that calls are often being transferred between departments, this may indicate that employees need more training on handling customer inquiries. If call scoring reveals that calls are often rated poorly, employees may need more coaching or feedback.
Why Should You Use Call Analytics Software?
Business-to-Business selling can be greatly improved using analytics. It provides several benefits, including automation, reduced – or zero – manual entry into the CRM for the sales reps, and more accurate prospect data collection.
Automated analytics data collection plays a crucial role in providing excellent customer support. It allows sales reps to focus on the more essential elements, such as providing quality customer support for existing clients and reaching out with highly targeted messages for specific accounts, while their managers can see, in real-time, the numbers of calls they are making, who they are spending more time with, how the sales process is proceeding as an organization. Automation can also improve the accuracy of data collection by eliminating human error. If a Sales person types in a typo in a prospect's name, problems can cascade. If the prospect’s (or client’s) entry or account is automatically updated, there’s a time-consuming problem averted.
Finally, call analytics software provides more accurate data. It can track various data points and metrics, such as call duration and customer satisfaction levels — information that can be used to improve not just sales, but marketing efforts, too.
The Benefits of Call Analytics
As the business world evolves, so does companies' communication with their customers. Customers want personalized, just-for-them information when they are on a call. Today’s customers have done their own research online. With call analytics in the sales technology stack, sellers have such information at their fingertips when they are on a call. For instance, with Koncert’s Cadence software platform, sales reps can have their automatically-updated Salesforce profile instantly in front of them as they are on the call. The Salesforce information about that account, their business, their past interactions, even their LinkedIn profile, is ready to hand… and again, automatically updated, so the sales person can then make the next call, with confidence.
Call analytics is the process of tracking, measuring, and analyzing phone calls to improve customer service. This data can be used to improve the customer experience in several ways, including:
- Receive real-time reporting
- Create an effective marketing campaign
- Personalize sales strategies
- Improve conversation rates
Receive Real-Time Reporting
As a business, you rely on phone calls to keep in touch with your customers and clients. But how can you ensure those calls are being handled in the most efficient way possible?
Thanks to the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning, call analytics allows you to see how your calls are being managed in real-time so that you can make necessary changes on the fly.
This kind of reporting is an essential part of call management, and it's something that can be highly beneficial for your business.
With real-time reporting, you can see how each call is being handled and make changes accordingly — helping you improve the call handling process and ensure that your customers are getting the best possible service.
Create an Effective Marketing Campaign
Aligning sales and marketing is crucial in successful B2B sales. Marketing campaigns, using accurate sales analytics data, are a great way to increase sales and conversions. However, they can also be very costly and time-consuming.
Call analytics can help you understand which parts of your campaign are working and which aren't. This information can help you make changes on the fly and improve your campaign's effectiveness. It helps your sales team meet your prospects wherever they are in their customer journey.
Here are a few tips on how to use call analytics to create a compelling marketing campaign:
- Identify your goals. Before you start analyzing your data, you need to know what you're looking for. What are your goals for your campaign? Do you want to increase brand awareness? Drive more traffic to your website? Increase sales or conversions for a specific product? Once you know your goals, you can start looking at your data to see how well your campaign performs.
- Set up call tracking. Call tracking is a must if you want to use call analytics to improve your marketing campaign. Without call tracking metrics, you won't be able to attribute which outbound and inbound calls, missed calls, and phone numbers are coming from your campaign and which aren't.
- Analyze your data. Look at the number of sales calls and SMS coming from your campaign and the conversion rate. You can also look at the average call length and the call quality. This information can help you understand which parts of your campaign are working and which need improvement.
- Make changes. If you're not happy with the results of your campaign, make some changes and try again. You can change the offer, the messaging, or the call to action (CTA). You can also try different marketing channels or target a diverse audience.
- Measure your results. Look at your call analytics data again and see if there's been any improvement. If you do not see the results you want, keep experimenting in terms of messaging, tone, cadence, channels, and CTA until you find what helps you achieve the goals set in the beginning.
Personalize Sales Strategies
Call analytics can help you understand which sales strategies are working and which are not. You can optimize your sales process and close more deals by diving deeper into the transcriptions and understanding which strategies work.
Call analytics can also help you identify trends and actionable insights about customer behavior — information that can be used to adjust your sales strategies and better meet your customers' needs.
Improve Conversation Rates
As one of the benefits of call analytics, improved conversation rates are achieved by understanding what customers want and need. This allows businesses to provide the appropriate level of customer service, which in turn leads to improved sales and conversions.
Analyzing call data also empowers businesses to identify patterns and trends that can be used to improve their marketing and sales strategies. As a result, enhanced conversation rates can lead to increased profits and ROI.
Improve Sales Performance with Koncert’s Call Analytics Software Platforms
Call analytics gives businesses a wealth of information about how customers interact with their products or service. This data can improve sales performance by identifying areas where more training or support may be needed, determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and understanding customer needs and preferences.
Koncert’s call analytics provides all this data and more in an easy-to-use format. Our call analytics software, included in all of our dialer platforms as well as in our Cadence platform, makes it easy to collect and analyze this data to make better decisions about your business operations and improve your bottom line.
Contact us today to learn more about how our call analytics software can help you boost sales!