I’m sure you’ve all heard the term “How to succeed in business without really trying.” Spoiler alert: There’s no real way to do that. At least legally. So how about instead I tell you how to succeed in B2B sales by trying and doing so. Sound better? Read on to learn just what B2B sales is and how to make it work for you.
What is B2B Sales?
Presumably, you already know this, but let’s go ahead and clarify anyway. B2B sales is defined as sales between two businesses. To that end, “business to business” becomes B2B. If you’re working in B2C sales, that’s “business to consumer” sales.
What is sales engagement? Read this blog.
8 Steps to B2B Sales Success
- Know your product(s). Seems simple enough, but it’s true. You should know everything about the product or products you’re selling so you can answer a prospect’s questions correctly and talk about the benefits.
- Know your competitors. They’re out there and they sure know about (and are talking about) your company and why they’re better. So, find out everything you can about them and make sure you have counterpoints.
- Be conversational. Don’t just read a script. That will come across to your prospect because you’ll sound bored and why wouldn’t you if you’re reading the same thing every time you get on the phone.
- Tell a joke. Side note: Only do this if you have some semblance of a sense of humor. You don’t want to say something funny and have it fall flat. Do you hate telling jokes? Be engaging, then. Talk to the person like they’re standing there in front of you, and you want their attention, because you do.
- Listen. Again, pretend that person is standing in front of you instead of on the other end of the phone. Don’t just blather on without taking a second to breathe. Stop talking and take a moment to truly listen to what the other person is saying (or not saying, which could signify disinterest).
- Respond. This goes back to the three tips above this one. You are having a conversation with a human. Be human. Listen to what they’re saying and respond to that instead of continuing ahead with what you planned to say.
- Clean up your lists. Does your CRM data need some spring cleaning to weed out the people who’ve changed jobs and emails to them keep bouncing back? That’s not helping your efficiency. Stop emailing those people (with the caveat that the first time you email them, you can glean some solid information from their “no longer with the company” email if they’ve listed who should be contacted instead).
- Use the right technology. You knew this was coming. We’re a sales technology software company after all. But it’s true. The right technology, in the form of an all-in-one multi-channel suite of B2B sales engagement software, will help you increase your productivity and get you more conversations each day, which leads to more sales... almost without really trying.
Ready to be a success in B2B sales? Reach out to us here at Koncert today to learn more about our entire multi-channel suite of B2B sales engagement software, including our three cloud-based sales dialers. Simply click here or give us a call at 800-955-5040.